Illegal Bangladeshis in India
India’s is already teaming with our 125 core people. The increase is about 18mln per year. As if this would not create an impossible to solve unemployment problem, some sections in India are playing host to illegal entrants, mainly Bangladeshi Muslims including Rohingyas , who are Bangladeshi Muslim infiltrators’ into Myanmar and from where they had been expelled by popular pressure. These Rohingyas instead of going to Bangladesh, their country of origin, are welcomed into India mainly into Hyderabad and Delhi by their co-religionists and are now adding to the furiously proliferating fundamentalist,divisive, separatists who are ideologically and religiously hostile to the main population of this country.
2. As long ago as in July 2004, the then UPA Minister of State for Home, Sri Prakash Jaiswal informed the Parliament that there were more than 12 mln illegal Bangladeshi migrants in the country; about 5 mln of them in Assam and another 5. 7 mln in West Bengal. It is common knowledge that the Congress Party in Assam and the CPM ( later on TMC) in West Bengal are using these facilitated infiltrators as vote banks by illegally, immorally and treacherously giving them electoral identity cards. Now, in Nov 2016 in reply to a written question in Rajya Sabha, the current Minister for Home, Kiren Rijiju said that as per available inputs, there are around 20 mln illegal Bangladeshi migrants staying in India. They, like maids, are covering up their identity by Hindu’s names deceptively assumed. Many of them could be seen in Delhi and Hyderabad. Due to the facilitated and patronised illegal influx of Bangladeshi Muslims, the 50 lakh Muslim population of Delhi in 1951, has
by now swelled to 15 lakhs, a 30 times growth. Certain areas have become “No Go” to Hindus. Like none but an MIM candidate can be elected from the old city of Hyderabad, Muslims (s) alone can be elected from the “No Go” areas of Delhi. The Supreme Court of India had on more than one occasion observed that the Government of India should be serious about identifying and deporting these illegally staying foreigners. Sri Narendra Modi had, during his election campaign in 2014, said that after May 16, 2014 these Bangladeshis should be better prepared with their bags packed. That is, his government would expel these illegal entrants. Unfortunately, no action has been taken. The pronouncements of the Supreme Court and the information given by successive Home Ministers are to no effect.
3. Donald Trump has won the Presidential election in the USA with, among others, the most important promise that he would expel more than 10 mln undocumented (that is, illegally staying) foreigners in the USA soon after assuming office and that he would even build a more than 4000 kmts long wall along the US -Mexico border and that too, at the cost of Mexico from which the illegals are entering the US .
4. Historically, China built the celebrated more than 4000 kmt, long Great Wall of China to prevent invaders as well as illegals from entering China. In recent times, Israel built an impregnable wall to prevent the Palestinian terrorists to come into Israel and take out the limb and life of Israelis. Even the Communist country East Germany, built the infamous Berlin Wall to prevent the crossing over of East Germans under communist rule to West Germany, the free democracy. These instances are being mentioned to show that national governments ought to prevent the infiltration of illegal immigrants from other countries threatening the stability and economic condition of the national territory.
5. India has been building fences along the borders of Assam and West Bengal with Bangla Desh since many years past. Wire fences can be easily cut and got over. We must build 15 feet high, strong walls, whatever be the cost and time. The Great Wall of China was built over a period of centuries ( had we blocked the Khyber and Bolan passes in the Himalayas in the north-west; the invasions of Arabs, Afghans, Mongols and Iranians could perhaps have been prevented).
6. It is not difficult to identify and deport the foreigners if only nationalists like those in the BJP and kindred organisations task their cadres to undertake recorded identification of the illegally staying foreigners and reporting them to police as well as to the State governments and the Home Ministry of the Government of India. Patriotic organisations like the Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) must undertake this task of identifying and reporting the illegally staying Bangladeshis, Rohingyas and Pakistanis (and of late Nigerians). Unless they do this, our democracy and our nation’s identity and territorial integrity will be seriously compromised .(776 words)